In addition to grocery delivery, food pantry bags and farmer’s market goodies, the Arts + Recreation Senior Care Team has expanded services for seniors. Through the Neighbor Express Walnut Creek Program, homebound seniors are now able to request delivery of Library books from the WC Downtown location.
- Step 1. Seniors can reserve their books from the Walnut Creek library at https://ccclib.org/
- Step 2. Receive an emailed confirmation that your books are available for pick up.
- Step 3. Request a delivery by a community volunteer at Neighbor Express
For questions about how to access the library site, please call 925-943-5852 or email email@example.com
Any individual or household can purchase a Farmer’s Market pre-packaged box!
If you are a homebound senior Neighbor Express will deliver them.
If you are a senior sheltering in place, a partnership with the Arts + Recreation staff is available to coordinating with community volunteers from Neighbor Express to deliver pre-packaged Good to Go boxes from the Sunday Farmer’s Market for homebound seniors or individuals with immuno-compromised systems only.
How does this work?
The pre-ordered box includes a seasonal mix of produce, to include vegetables and fruit. All products are from your Certified Walnut Creek Farmer’s Market growers and handpicked by the grower at the farm to guarantee freshness.
IF YOU ARE NOT A HOMEBOUND SENIOR: Simply order your prepackaged box directly from the Farmer’s Market for curbside pick up after 10:00 am Sunday. You will receive confirmation from the Farmer’s Market directly with instructions.
IF YOU ARE A HOMEBOUND SENIOR: Pre-packaged boxes will be picked up by volunteers on Sunday and delivered to your home early afternoon. Make sure to order BOTH your box on the Farmer’s Market website AND request a delivery through the Neighbor Express site.
HOW TO ORDER FARMERS MARKET BOX
- Step 1: Go the Farmers Market Website and click on “Shop Now” for a Pre Order Good to Go Box.
- Step 2: Click “Order Now” .
- Step 3: You can get either a vegetable & fruit box for $35, a smaller bag of items for $25 or add in 1 Dozen Eggs for $5 for a total of $40.
- Step 4: Follow the prompts and purchase your box using a credit card. A receipt will be emailed to you.
- Step 5: IMPORTANT FOR HOMEBOUND SENIORS – You must go into Neighbor Express site and “Request a Delivery.” On the grocery notes section, indicate that you are requesting a pick up for the Farmer’s Market Box. A staff member will call you to confirm we have received your order and answer any questions you have.
- Step 6: Your box will be delivered Sunday morning between 10 – 11am.
Please let us know if there is a specific location to put your box if you will not be home.
A Couple Notes:
- Farmers Market can only accept credit card orders online for these boxes through the Farmer’s Market website. If you would like a staff member to fill out your form for you, please call 925-322-0264 and have your credit card ready.
- We cannot guarantee what produce is in your box however, in general, it will contain items that can be easily used to cook with. You will receive an email on Friday outlining what is in your box and who grew it.
- There is a limited number boxes available as so please fill out the form as it’s first come, first service.
- Make sure to go to Neighbor Express AFTER you order your box from the Farmer’s Market site to request the delivery.
If you need assistance filling out the forms or have questions, please call us at 925-322-0264.