Walnut Creek Seniors Club
Advisory Board Meeting
October 19, 2020
Present: Fred Rentschler, Jody Johnson, Bob Mohler, Jeanne Wolf, Wayne Slater, Rolando Salazar, Cindy Mohler, Robin Wolf, Dave Dredge, Donn King. Also in attendance was Fred Weston from PROS and Dorothy Mussey, Regina Harwig and Ellen Sarbone –WCSC members and potential Board members.
Call to order on Zoom at 9:32 am by President Fred Rentschler. Fred introduced the three members who are considering joining the Board.
- Minutes –September minutes were approved.
- Treasurer’s Report – Bob reported that the report is pretty much the same as last month. Total funds are $267,754 of which $24,900 are Creaker restricted funds. Six checks for a total of $909 were issued in September. The IRS sent a letter about a delinquent form but the form has been sent and speculation is that the mail is slow. Bob has responded. There is a CD that is maturing on October 22, 2020. Dave made a motion that the CD be rolled over for a 6 month term at a rate of 3/10th of 1%. Wayne seconded the motion and the motion carried.
- Correspondence – none
- Manager/Coordinator report – No attendance but Kat did send an email stating that the book library will start; the food delivery program is averaging about 30 bags a week and she is working on the Thanksgiving dinner.
No President’s report from Fred.
- Unfinished Business
1) Newsletter – Publication of the newsletter has been going smoothly and the November newsletter is almost ready. Garden Wizards are working on Creek Restoration and they will include photos. Dave will do an update on the Creakers. Most newsletters are received by email with only 160 being sent by regular mail.
2) Election – All positions on the Board are unopposed but write-ins are allowed. The ballot is in the November newsletter and members will have to cut and paste to print, fill out and mail in. The count will be done on December 7th and Jody and Donn will assist.
- New Business
1) Travel Office – The meeting on Zoom had a few problems but worked out. Lisa from Pleasant Hill Travel described how travel would work in regard to buses, etc. Premier Travel discussed the steps being taken on longer trips. Upcoming trips are Mackinaw Island, Charleston, etc. There were no questions from the audience. Fred will look into it further. Kat has a link to show the upcoming trips.
2) Wayne Slater Retirement – This was Wayne’s last meeting. He has served as a Trustee for 7 or 8 years. He will also no longer be leading the Investment group. Unfortunately, he couldn’t find any volunteers to take his place. There will be an article in the newsletter. Well wishes to Wayne, he will be missed.
- Ambassadors reports – none
- PROS – Fred Weston reported that the August and October meetings were cancelled. He hopes to have more information for the December meeting.
- Executive Session – regarding the MOU negotiations. No minutes.
Meeting adjourned at 11:45 am.